How Klir Helps the Southern Nevada Water Authority Take its Compliance Position to the Next Level
With a mandate to be the world’s most efficient drinking water utility, the Southern Nevada Water Authority relies on Klir to be proactive and efficient with permit and SDWA compliance.Download
Serving Southern Nevada and the world famous Las Vegas strip, the Southern Nevada Water Authority provides potable water to 2.3 million residents and 40 million annual tourists.
With a mandate to be the world’s most efficient drinking water utility, the SNWA relies on Klir to be more proactive and efficient when it comes to permit and Safe Drinking Water Act compliance.
“Being in compliance is extremely important. But being able to demonstrate that in an effective and efficient way is where this tool really takes our compliance perspective to the next level,” says Dave Johnson, Deputy General Manager of Operations at the Southern Nevada Water Authority and the Las Vegas Valley Water District. “The Klir application helps us to sleep better at night knowing that we can demonstrate that compliance.”
As a public utility, the SNWA has no room for error when it comes to permit compliance and utility operations.
With thousands of permits spread across the organization in different departments and different divisions, and 300,000 samples required annually to comply with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), the SNWA set out to identify a technology that would allow it to bring all of its permit tracking and sampling monitoring together into one location.
“We have a big responsibility to the community, and that is to ensure a safe and secure drinking water system. Klir provides us a tool to make sure that our water is safe and secure,” says Frank Milligan, Director, Environmental Health & Safety & Corporate Security at the Southern Nevada Water Authority and the Las Vegas Valley Water District.
- Klir provides peace of mind for management with complete visibility into the utility’s live status of compliance.
- Centralizing 1000+ regulatory permits into a single dashboard eliminates information silos.
- SNWA analyzes over 300,000 water quality samples every year. Klir provides a tool to track and manage that sampling data, allowing the SNWA to ensure its in compliance and meeting ratepayers’ expectations each day.
- With time saved on compliance admin, staff time can be redirected towards high-value proactive work.
The Klir drinking water management platform allows SNWA to consolidate and manage all of its 1000+ permits and 300,000+ water samples in one place.
- With a single software system to consolidate all of its permits and Safe Drinking Water Act sampling outcomes, the SNWA can deliver compliance more efficiently.
- Management has complete visibility into the organization’s real-time compliance position, all within a single dashboard.
- Permits are kept current and legal with no deadlines missed.
- Staff time that would otherwise be spent on administrative tasks can be redirected to high value work such as conducting inspections, or hazard abatement action.
“The real value proposition in the Klir software is that it allows us to become much more efficient in how we deal with these massive amounts of data.” Dave Johnson
—Deputy General Manager of Operations, SNWA and LVVWD
How Klir Can Help
Klir is a single, unified operating system for water, pulling every aspect of water management—including compliance, sampling, permitting and more—into an easy to use dashboard.
Learn more about how Klir can cut down on administration and record-keeping work, create new opportunities for collaboration, and provide system-wide visibility into your water system.